THE MANY WAYS WATER HELPS US DO WHAT WE LOVE TO DO
The list of chemical reactions in your body that need water is a long one! Multiply that long list times the number of reactions in the course of a day and then vision that cycle each day of your life. Without your thought or effort, the reactions continue! From temperature regulation to blood pressure to waste elimination, hydration plays a role!!
HOW DO YOU BECOME DEHYDRATED
You lose water each day in ordinary functions such as urinating, having a bowel movement, breathing, and sweating. This loss is increased in exercise, sickness, drinking caffeine, stress, age and certain medical conditions.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF DEHYDRATION
- Dry Skin
- Dark Urine
- Chronic Fatigue
- High Cholesterol
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Premature Aging
HOW MUCH WATER DO I NEED TO DRINK
There are varying opinions about water intake. A great place to start is one half your body weight in ounces (ie: 100lb person would drink 50oz/day). It is crucial to factor in things that decrease hydration. It is also important to be aware of communication from your body indicating you need more water (ie: symptoms). When you combine those three factors, you should be doing a great job of staying hydrated. Keep in mind, substituting other liquids to quench your thirst or relieve symptoms is NOT the same as drinking water. In fact, quality water is important. Avoid tap, distilled and fluoridated water. The best choice for your intake is clean spring water. Water can be bottled or sold & distributed with metal antimony (a silvery white metal of medium hardness). Bottled water often contains fluoride. Some plastics can also expose you to BPA while you are trying to get hydrated. Just a few factors to weigh while you are making choices about adding hydration to your life!
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO INCREASE MY HYDRATION
- ENDURA electrolyte powder is a specialized supplement that supplies a unique blend of patented electrolyte minerals that are found in muscle cells. Endura supplies these important electrolytes, including high levels of magnesium, in a formula designed to enhance absorption of fluids and electrolytes to help replenish bodily fluids and sustain high performance.
- Water-dense foods in your diet can aid in your daily intake. Try adding cucumber, watermelon, stawberries, green leafies and celery. Herbs, vegetables and fruits have a variety of benefits directly and indirectly in the management of fluid balance. Coconut water is a great source of electrolytes! The more fresh and raw you eat, the better!
- Therapeutic-Grade Essential Oils (ie: lemon, lime, orange) can easily be added to your water, not only for flavor, but also to aid in other body functions that affect hydration.
- Avoid intake that depletes your electrolytes or increases urine output; for example diuretics, asparagus, parsley, caffeine and heavy protein diets to name a few. Given there is health in all forms of moderation. Simply consider increasing your fluid intake if you are increasing your output.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CONSISTENTLY STAYING HYDRATED
The many benefits of staying hydrated on a consistent basis are numerous!!! One of the keys is CONSISTENCY! Your body is constantly faced with decisions regarding feast or famine. If you are able to maintain your hydration, your body will receive the message that there is a FEAST!! The resultant reactions in your metabolism and hormones is unsurpassed in a feast! Consider the beautiful picture of these wonderful things happening in your body:
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Properly digest food and absorb nutrients from food
- Have healthy, glowing skin
- Decrease muscle and joint inflammation
- Have better circulation
- Detoxify your body naturally
- Improved nervous system function
- Better rest